Here are some Alarming Facts About Marijuana.
- Within a few minutes of inhaling marijuana smoke, users likely experience dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, some loss of coordination and poor sense of balance, and slower reaction times, along with intoxication.
- THC suppresses the neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus, the part of the brain that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivation.
- All forms of marijuana are mind-altering. In other words, they change how the brain works.
- Sometimes marijuana makes users feel thirsty and very hungry - an effect called "the munchies." Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception.
- Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day