- The average child will eat 15 pounds of cereal in a year.
- Diaper rash occurs more often after 8 months of age.
- Baby oil and baby lotion lubricate the skin equally well.
- Aside from medical costs, it's been determined that new parents in the U.S. typically spend $7,000 in a baby's first year on everything from diapers to formula to day care.
- The average stay in a hospital to give birth was 4.1 days in 1970. It was 2.6 days in 1993.
- The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69.
- From 1725-1765 a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets.
- The first child ever born on the continent of Antarctica was born in 1978.
- Did you know that every three seconds a baby is born?
- Sweden has the lowest birth rate in the world, 1 in 100. Malawi, in Africa, has the highest, 5.3 in 100.
Sunday, October 11
Take a look at these interesting facts about babies.